Discover the Jewels of Italy and its Islands During an 11-Day Guided Tour
Experience Italy on an 11-day guided tour. Explore the Eternal City with a Local Expert, who will whisk you to the Vatican Museums for a tour of the Pope’s art collection and a behind-the-scenes look at the Bramante Staircase, a spiral architectural masterpiece. Later, see the infamous Colosseum and the Arch of Constantine. Cruise to Capri, where you’ll take an open-top taxi to the top of the island for unparalleled views of the rugged coastline and sparkling sea - then walk the Caesar Augustus Gardens and see the Faraglioni rocks with a Local Expert. In Venice, walk through St. Mark’s Square and see its basilica of the same name; later, allow yourself to be serenaded as a gondolier glides you through the city’s canals. Sail to the candy-colored island of Burano, where you can toast to a fantastic trip at a celebration dinner featuring wine and fresh-caught specialties.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxurious, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom. Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards.
- We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
- Rome: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with your fellow travelers at a uniquely Roman local restaurant.
- Italian Lakes: For your Dine-Around Evening, you are offered a selection of hand-picked local restaurants to choose from, each with its own distinctive ambience and cuisine.
- Lake Iseo: Learn about this historic winery, passed down through the generations, and taste its latest vintages.
- Burano: Cruise to the charming fisherman's island of Burano to enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner with wine and new-found friends.
- Dining Summary: 5 Dinner with Wine (DW), and 10 Breakfast (B)
- Vatican: Gain priority access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter's Basilica.
Top Rated Highlights
- Rome: Discover ancient treasures of Rome with a passionate local. See Circus Maximus and the Ancient Forum, and stand beside the Colosseum, which bears witness to the limitless courage of the gladiators.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Capri: Explore Capri town with your Local Expert and see the whitewashed houses, winding alleyways, small cafes, fashionable boutiques and artisans studios.
- Capri: Discover the luxuriant Gardens of Augustus with a Local Expert and admire views of the Faraglioni rocks.
- Florence: Wander through the market stalls and browse for local Italian souvenirs and leather goods on a guided shopping tour.
- Florence: Stand beside Michelangelo's monumental statue, 'David', in the Accademia Gallery, and admire the exquisite technique and absorbing history behind the world's most famous sculpture.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods and witness a gold and leatherwork demonstration.
- Florence: Enjoy panoramic views over of the city and see the Florence Cathedral. During your guided walking orientation, see the bell tower, Gates of Paradise on the baptistery and visit Piazza della Signoria.
- Cinque Terre: Led by your Local Expert, visit this unique UNESCO World Heritage Site, tucked away on the mountainous Italian Riviera coastline. Explore one of the five charming fishing villages for some memorable pictures.
- Portofino: Visit this elegant fishing village and admire the colored houses and yachts moored in the harbor.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica.
- Venice: Delight in the magic of this charming city as you are serenaded, travelling through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
Make Travel Matter
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practiced by precious few masters. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices. The workshop's master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft.
**$200.00 deposit required to hold space.
**"Optional" 2-night/3-day package in Rome available for an additional cost of $617.00 per person.
**$4895.00 tour price does NOT include international airfare or travel insurance.
**All prices listed are based on double occupancy.